Thumbnail Filmstrip of Scorpion EXO VX-16 Off-Road Helmet - Format Red Images
Scorpion VX-16 Off-Road Helmet - Format Red
The VX-16 includes features demanded by off-road riders, yet available at a price anyone can afford. The lightweight polycarbonate shell and Dual Density EPS provide efficient impact protection and energy absorption. The Airfit® liner inflation system allows you customize the fit of your helmet, while intake vents on the forehead align perfectly with internal channels inside the helmet, keeping you cool when temperatures rise. The VX-16 includes another unique feature that you do not see in most helmets, which is a peak visor extender. This will help block mud and sun in different terrain.
- DOT FMVSS No. 218 Approved
- Advanced polycarbonate shell is engineered to be lightweight, strong and maximize impact displacement
- Dual-density advanced multi-layer EPS provides efficient energy displacement
- EPS liner throughout entire chin bar provides additional protection
- KwikWick II liner fabric keeps you cool and dry in warm weather, warm in cool weather
- Four intake ports on the chin bar maximize air flow
- Two intake ports across the eyebrow allow cool air into the helmet and force unwanted hot air out of the two rear exhaust ports
- AirFit® Liner Inflation System features an inflatable cheek pad system for superior personalized fit
- Goggle eye port accommodates most brands of goggles and sizes and has a soft pliable rubber roost guard
- Aero-tuned visor’s aerodynamic design allows free flowing air through the visor while still blocking the intense sun from above
- Peak extender included to help further block the sun and elements when riding
- Double D-Ring retention system
- 5 Year Warranty
For more info, see the Sizing Info tab
Scorpion VX-16 is in the Intermediate Oval head shape class. Keep in mind you can always make adjustments later by swapping out different sized cheek pads, or even the helmet liner, within the same outer-shell size.*
Size | Centimeter | Inches
XS | 53-54 | 20 7/8 - 21 1/4
SM | 55-56 | 21 5/8 - 22
MD | 57-58 | 22 7/16 - 22 3/4
LG | 59-60 | 23 1/8 - 23 5/8
XL | 61-62 | 24 - 24 3/8
2X | 63-64 | 24 3/4 - 25 3/16
3X | 65-66 | 25 9/16 - 26
*Changing cheek-pads or liners recommended only within the same shell size:
XS to Medium
Large to 2XL
Never buy a used helmet or borrow someone else’s helmet. Over time the protective foam in helmets will adjust to the contours of a user’s head. Or it could already have been in a crash. A used or borrowed helmet may not offer as much protection as a new helmet!
Wearing the wrong size helmet can increase your risk of serious injury or death in an accident. A helmet that is too large for your head may be dislodged or knocked off in an accident. To select the right size helmet for your head, follow these instructions:
Measure your head -
- Wrap a tape measure around your head above your eyebrows.
- Use the sizing chart above to select the helmet size that corresponds most closely to your head measurement. If your head size falls between two helmet sizes, try on the larger helmet first and then the smaller size.
- Try on the helmet by grasping both chin straps to pull the helmet completely onto your head, ensuring that the top of your head is in contact with the top of the helmet interior.
To confirm your helmet is the right size, check that -
- The helmet inner lining fits snugly around your head.
- The top pad presses firmly on your head.
- The cheek pads contact your cheeks.
- There is no space around your brow under the inner lining.